Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow Day!

Today started off pretty frustrating....Heath and I had planned to go up to the Canyons in Park City to take snowboarding classes. It snowed over a foot yesterday and last night--perfect powder. So, perfect day, right? Kind of wrong....

So we left our house, the roads were, not the greatest, yet we plugged along. We arrived at the mouth of Provo Canyon, ready to navigate whatever it had in store for us. Denied. We needed either chains or 4WD. We had neither.

So we head into Orem to buy chains. After many different stores, we found one that actually sold chains (it was almost comical how many stores we tried). Chains on the tires, we drive back toward Provo Canyon. CANYON CLOSED. Denied AGAIN!

My first thought, "Are you serious???". I'm pretty frustrated at this point because, you see, we had reservations with the Canyons...reservations that per their online statement are "non-refundable". Snowboarding isn't cheap. At this point I was pretty sure I was out some major (to me) cash! I made Heath call the Canyons, because, if I am being honest, with the state of mind I was in, I would have either flown off the handle or started crying if they said what I thought they might say....

Let me just tell you, they were SO NICE and UNDERSTANDING! Huge sigh of relief! We got a voucher and plan to take the class in the near future.

So, to make our day fun, we went and bought some disk sleds and headed to Rock Canyon Park for some sledding! We made a few snow angels at the end--what else is there to do in untouched snow?? It was a good day! Enjoy some pics!





No comments: