Monday, January 19, 2009

Christmas Break Update!

Finals ended and the celebration began! Heath's birthday was on the 19th of December, so we celebrated by going out to dinner and enjoying no more homework and studying!

Heath with my presents I gave him! Like that ghetto newspaper wrapping paper?


Heath Modeling my gifts :)


So Christmas was fantastic! Heath and I spent a few days with his parents up in Holladay! Then we boarded a plane and headed to TULSA! yay!

When we landed in Denver, we saw the plane that ran off the run way...


It was so good to finally get to Tulsa. We did a lot of fun things while we were there!

We went to Ted's Cafe' Escondido with some of my friends from High School

Me and Corey:

We also went to the Oklahoma City Temple with my parents:

And then we went to see the Oklahoma City bombing Memorial

Where we met up with my dear friend Bekah!

Survivors tree


Outside the memorial is this statue donated by the local Catholic church



We stopped to get some amazing BBQ on the way home


It was built in an old gambling hall and had some interesting posters on the walls:

Really Ronald?

For New Years we spent it with some friends in my home ward Ginger and Jared, Zane and Michelle, Heidi and Nate and Jordan and Sonja (newly engaged!)



Happy New Years!!


Heath and I watching Jared set off fireworks in his back yard


When we got back to Utah, we went to the BYU v. Wake Forest game with Joanna and Jimmy Joe and some of their friends!




It was a great game, but unfortunately BYU lost in the end....

But it was a GREAT Christmas Break! and soooo good to finally catch up on some sleep!



2 comments:

Annie. said...

1. FREAKY plane! I would be hyperventilating if I saw that. I don't do well with plane crashes. It freaks me out when I fly.
2. You look so pretty at the temple
3. Heath's picking up the glass with his BBQ-covered hands is SO funny to me
4. Reagan poster = weird
5. The Wake Forest game ROCKED! We were there too!

Alexandra said...

Looks like you had a great break! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Hope you and Heath are well!