Tuesday, January 27, 2009

23

So my birthday was on the 18th. [thank you to all of you who remembered!]

However, I actually celebrated on the 16th, due to Heath going to DC for the inauguration which he was invited to attend by one of the honor societies he is a part of.

We celebrated by going snowshoeing up at Soldier Hollow. It was really fun! I had been wanting to try it, so we got adventurous and broke away from the books for a few hours. Afterward, we came home and got cleaned up then ventured up to the Riverwoods. We ate dinner at Shoots when we saw the line for Tucano's--I should have known trying two new things in one day was too much....

Here are some pictures from our adventure!





We've done a few other fun things of note as well!

Home made pizza on our pizza stone....




Puppy chow/Muddy buddies (whichever you prefer to call them)...


And finally, we decided to try out our bullet blender and make chocolate mousse--we saw it on an infomercial...dubbed in spanish....but it looked tasty! although i thought it needed some sugar added to it...





And FINALLY, Heath and I had our 6 month anniversary on the 15th! Time sure does fly!

2 comments:

yourstrulydear said...

oo all that food looks yummy!!! make me some :] (oh, and happy bday and happy half anniversary!!)

Joanna said...

Looks fun!! Isn't snowshoeing so fun. I love it. We have a magic bullet too! It's awesome!! We really didn't get into using it until about 6 months ago. But now we use it a lot, it makes GREAT fruit smoothies and shakes.